Skin rash in a circle?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin rash in a circle?

So, about a month ago I noticed this small circle on my arm that was sort of pinkish and rough. The skin was sort of scaly and it itched but not terribly. I decided to see if it would go away on its own and slowly it turned into a patch of really dry, sort of crusty skin. Most of the crusty layer came off, so now the area is just sort of dry and flaky, but whenever I get out of the shower the area turns sort of pinkish again. Do I need to go to a doctor, or should I wait and see if it ever comes back? Help!!
For your symptoms nummular dermatitis, granuloma annulare and ringworm should be ruled out. Wash the areas with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.

Also get it examined from a dermatologist as you may need antihistaminics prescribed and the diagnosis confirmed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.