Skin rash just like sunburn
I've gotten a few sunburn-like rashes over the past few weeks. I've been working out a lot lately, sweating quite a bit. No change in diet or laundry detergent. Rashes have appeared on buttocks, back of waistline, and top of foot. They start off exactly like a bad sunburn, evenly red and sensitive to the touch. After a few days they get really dry and crack / peel.
Hello!
Red sunburn like rashes can be caused due to several reasons. Based on the description shared by you it is possible that it is a fungal rash .It is commonly caused by fungal infections such as jock itch, ringworm, and yeast infection. Other causes of sunburn like rash are scabies, toxic shock syndrome, eczema etc.These are only possibilities. An external examination is very important for correct diagnosis. Do seek the opinion of a dermatologist. I hope it helps.
Take care and best wishes!