Skin rash on elbows

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin rash on elbows

I have a pimple red itchy rashes on my elbows, it started off as one and it itched so much i scratched it, then it got worse and my other elbow began to itch also. =( what do you think it is, could it be a allergic reaction or eczema?  
These itchy bumps can be due to lichenoid dermatitis or scabies. Scabies is an infestation of the skin with the Sarcoptes scabiei mite. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.
I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get these two possibilities evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
I have hot feeling itchy rash type bumps on my elbows and knees and when I take that 1% hydocortisone  cream it goes away, but when I stop it comes back in same place. It most inflames at night and and in the morning or when my skin gets greasy.