Dermatology Expert Forum
Skin rash on thigh
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Skin rash on thigh

I am a 25 year old male in good health.  A few weeks ago I noticed a patch of skin right above my knee, on the inside of my leg was itchy.  It was about two inches wide and an inch tall.  It was slightly raised and only itched if I accidentally scratched it.  I then noticed a few days later that it had spread up my thigh, but in the form of two smaller, round patches in the mid to upper thigh.  These spots were not itchy, but dry and somewhat red in color.  Then a spot appeared on the shaft of my penis, and was extremely dry and basically formed a scab.  Then two spots appeared on the head of my penis, one on the right side (which is the side the rash started) and then on the left side.  And now finally, another small round spot has appeared on my left thigh, close to where my penis head normally rests.

The spots on my legs have faded but I can still see the outline of them, and the areas are all still relatively dry and scaly feeling.  The spots on my penis get cracked and extremely dry, I'm assuming because the penis skin is so much thinner.  However, putting aloe lotion on my penis once or twice a day all but makes those spots disappear.  I'd really like to know what I am dealing with here, because it has me very concerned considering it has spread to my penis.