Dermatology Expert Forum
Skin rash on thigh

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Skin rash on thigh

I am a 25 year old male in good health.  A few weeks ago I noticed a patch of skin right above my knee, on the inside of my leg was itchy.  It was about two inches wide and an inch tall.  It was slightly raised and only itched if I accidentally scratched it.  I then noticed a few days later that it had spread up my thigh, but in the form of two smaller, round patches in the mid to upper thigh.  These spots were not itchy, but dry and somewhat red in color.  Then a spot appeared on the shaft of my penis, and was extremely dry and basically formed a scab.  Then two spots appeared on the head of my penis, one on the right side (which is the side the rash started) and then on the left side.  And now finally, another small round spot has appeared on my left thigh, close to where my penis head normally rests.

The spots on my legs have faded but I can still see the outline of them, and the areas are all still relatively dry and scaly feeling.  The spots on my penis get cracked and extremely dry, I'm assuming because the penis skin is so much thinner.  However, putting aloe lotion on my penis once or twice a day all but makes those spots disappear.  I'd really like to know what I am dealing with here, because it has me very concerned considering it has spread to my penis.  
Welcome to the Dermatology Expert Forum!

Disseminated, slightly pruritus (itchy), erythematous (red), scaly patches are clinical findings in several diseases including psoriasis, eczema, and fungal infection. Most of diseases that correspond to symptoms you mentioned and not self-limited and self-resolving. Therefore, you should be seen by a dermatologist to establish the exact diagnosis and optimal treatment protocol.

In the meantime, try not to worry (positive attitude can only help). With proper diagnosis & therapy you should be well again very soon.

Wishing You Optimal Health,
Dr. Jasmina Jankicevic