Skin rash on torso, upper thigh, and knee

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I started to have a small patch of red rashes on my lower abdomen. It frequently itched and after a week or so, it started to spread until it reached my navel area. On the right side of the torso, the rashes spread up to just beneath the right breast. There are also isolated ones in the knee and mid-calf area. My doctor prescribed Claricort which helped with the itching/spreading but the rashes haven't cleared up yet. They've started to to turn tan/brown like dark freckles. It's been about two months now. What could they be symptoms of?

Since when are you having the symptoms? It would be very difficult to say anything without having a look at the lesions.

Are you on any medications currently? This could be due to an allergic reaction to some unknown substance or secondary to insect bite etc or due to heat rash, dermatitis or eczema. But nothing can be said with surety without a clinical examination.

You should wash the area and keep it clean, apply calamine lotion at the site and take some oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications like loratadine or cetrizine for your symptoms.

It would be best to consult a skin specialist if the rash does not resolve in a few days. You should get the relevant investigations as advised by your doctor including blood work.

Let us know about what your skin specialist advises and if you have any other doubts.

Post us about how you are doing.

Regards.