Skin rash that won't go away and is getting worse

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

6644335?1297632555
I have had this rash since I was about 15 and am now 19 almost 20, Ive been to the doctor many times and have been diagnosed with different things each time, the last decision was that I was allergic to Nickel and the buttons on my jeans were causing this rash, well the rash which I know was from Nickel has gone away, but the other rash which they told me was my bodys natural reaction to the nickel caused rash is still here, and it comes and goes. I have no clue what it is but this time it doesnt seem to be going away and is spreading. It itches very badly, ive tried benadryl, aveeno oatmeal baths, and cortizone and nothing seems to work. If someone can figure this out for me Id greatly appreciate it!! Please post any suggestions or ideas. oh and just so you know, the rash is on my sides, back, arms, legs, stomach, and neck, it seems to be symmetrical but Im not sure. Someone help please, if you have any information!
Can someone please help?
One possibility is of hives. Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin and apply some calamine lotion on the rash. Also wear cotton clothes and apply good quality moisturizers. If the symptoms persist then please get it examined from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for trying to help but I've taken Benadryl and it helps with the itching but doesn't help the rash at all. I have been to a dermatologist quite a few times, and all they tell me is its my body reacting to my nickel allergy, but I no longer have that nickel allergy rash on my stomach. And, I don't think its possible to have hives everyday for 3 years or I don't know why I would have such a problem.
the exact same thing is happening to me
ive had psoriasis since i was 11 and i'm now 14
I just got a new rash about last week and it looks just like the one in the picture but it is all over my stomach, chest and some on my neck, upper back, legs and shoulders
its insainly itchy and ive tried everything i could at home
i am planning on going to a doctor soon, but they never helped with my psoriasis so i don't really depend on even the professionals to help me.
I find that the sun really helps my rash because it goes away in the summer, and in the winter I go to tanning beds every now and then, it really seemed to help last year and maybe you should give it a try
That sounds exactly like mine! Its in the same areas and yes tanning beds do help! And it gets better during the summer. I wonder what this stuff is?
I have a rash that itches like crazy and I have had for 3 weeks now. It is everywhere and I have seen 4 doctors so far who have not a clue. I had radiation therapy for breast cancer and 4 days after I was done I started to break out on my arms and hands. Now it is everywhere and I have asked if it could be something with the radiation but everyone tells me no. However, nothing they tell me to do is working. No itch cream or antihistamine works. I am going to see a Dermatoligist tomorrow. I can only hope.
Did you ever find out what kind of rash you had and what you were able to do about it? I, too, have developed a rash that I've been trying to treat on my own and after three mis-diagnoses, I think I may have stumbled on the thing. It sounds like you may have the same issue.

Check out Dermatits Herpetiformis. It is an allergy to gluten...found in everyday foods, mostly wheat. It is possible to have a gluten free diet and I have been on one, but recently have been "cheating" and then this rash happened. Don't know if it's related, but a doctor visit in the morning will at least tell me what I don't have and I'm back off gluten for sure, anyway.

Would be good to know how you are faring, two years later...