Skin redness, swelling, burning around mouth
About 6 months ago the skin around my mouth starting burning, turning red, tingling, swelling. At the time that this started the effected area was small. Now, however all the skin around my mouth is now red, burning, etc. The swelling, redness, etc last for 2-3 days and will go away for 2-3 days and then it starts all over again. I don't know what to do, please help.
You seem to be having perioral dermatitis. Perioral dermatitis is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis.It is usually characterized by an uncomfortable burning sensation around the mouth. Itching is not a common symptom.Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.
If the symptoms are not controlled by topical antibiotics,then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult your daughter’s doctors and discuss this with them.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.
It sounds like an allergic reaction to something.... hope you feel better soon.