Dermatology Expert Forum
Skin sores in pubic hair area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Skin sores in pubic hair area

My boyfriend has a couple of sores on his skin under his pubic hairs (on his pubic bone).  They are both about a cm in size and circular. They dont itch, and dont appear to be anywhere else.  They're quite red and sore looking, slightly raised and yellowish on top.  Also he says his lymph nodes in his groan are sore, and the whole area feels quite bruised, although there is nothing to see.  He says that this is the second time the sores have appeared, the first being about 5 years ago, when he was told by his doctor they were stressed induced and not to worry (he has been very stressed of late).  The doctor gave him some cream and they cleared up but he cant remember what they were called or what the cream was he used.  He hasnt slept with many people and has always pratised safe sex and assures me they are not an STD.  Obviously i am concerned anyway.  We have been together for nearly a year and i dont have anything.  Does it sound like an STD, if not what could it be?
I'm not sure, but it certainly is something he should see a doctor about ASAP.  It might be a bacterial infection, of the kind that could appear anywhere on the body.  I suggest that he apply bacitracin or neosporin ointment until he gets someone to see it.  If he's in the habit of picking or scratching it, he should stop.  It's worth the investment of a visit to check this out.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, painful like cysts on my pelvic area was started.
A related discussion, painful pubic blister was started.