Dermatology Expert Forum
Skin sores in pubic hair area
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Skin sores in pubic hair area

My boyfriend has a couple of sores on his skin under his pubic hairs (on his pubic bone).  They are both about a cm in size and circular. They dont itch, and dont appear to be anywhere else.  They're quite red and sore looking, slightly raised and yellowish on top.  Also he says his lymph nodes in his groan are sore, and the whole area feels quite bruised, although there is nothing to see.  He says that this is the second time the sores have appeared, the first being about 5 years ago, when he was told by his doctor they were stressed induced and not to worry (he has been very stressed of late).  The doctor gave him some cream and they cleared up but he cant remember what they were called or what the cream was he used.  He hasnt slept with many people and has always pratised safe sex and assures me they are not an STD.  Obviously i am concerned anyway.  We have been together for nearly a year and i dont have anything.  Does it sound like an STD, if not what could it be?
Thanks