Skin sores

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin sores

Does anyone know of a cure for Dermatilomania?
This discoloration can be due to circulatory problems, heart disease, high blood pressure, lung disease, stroke and carbon monoxide poisoning. You need to get it evaluated in detail from your doctor to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

There are two major classes of therapy for dermatillomania: pharmacological and behavioral. Pharmacological treatment includes medicines like (1) SSRIs; (2) opioid antagonists; and (3) glutamatergic agents and behavior treatment includes include habit reversal training, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and acceptance-enhanced behavior therapy. You need to consult a psychiatrist for these treatment options.