Skin tag so big?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin tag so big?

On my inner thigh, I have what I think could be a skin tag.  I'ts almost 1 inch long, not painful, not discolored, or seeping any fluids..  All of th pics I can find on skin tags look more like balls connected to a string.  What I have is more like a pencil for the entire length of the growth...  About half the length, it bends slightly.....  Any confirmation on Skin tags being as big around as a pencil???

Well, due to the limitations of this mode of medical help or advise i would have to ask you to consult a surgeon or skin specialist for a clinical examination.

Nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions.

Since when have you noticed the lesion?

Let us know about what the doctors tell you and post us if you need any further information.

Regards.
Thanks for the reply.  The Lesion has been growing for just under 4 years.  Imagin if you will a raised mesquito bite.  Those bites are about the size of a pencil eraser, just like this started.  Only, it wasn't red and itchy like a bite... Then, over time, it just kept getting longer, not bigger around but longer...  Take a skin colored pencil about 1 inch long, and glue it directly to the inside of your leg, then, at just over the half inch mark, it is bent slightly downward... The end is not as big around as it is at the leg.  Almost every skin tag picture I have found, is one of three images....  Described as only a ball on a string, or, a string without a ball...  I have also found a couple skin tag photos that look almost like a blister size, but none that are an inch long....  Closest I could find is a picture of a bably with a tail, just, at where it connects to the body, the skin is 100% normal....  http://www.medscape.com/content/2001/00/40/56/405672/art-nf1001.01.fig2.jpg take a look at this pic, on the pic, you see where the tweezers are holding the lesion, follow it back to the body to the red spot, then cut it off, and stick it on the leg...  Best I can come up with..  

If your symptoms persist it would be best to consult a skin specialist because nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers