Skin tags on scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Skin tags on scrotum

I have five places on my scrotum, best I can tell from what I've read is they are skin tags and fordyce bumps.  My ex-wife caught genital warts, but we have been divorced 23years and I never caught them.  I haven't been sexually active in over ten years.

Can they tell if HPV is involved by looking at them?  Can these be cut off, and sent to a lab to see if they have HPV virus in them?

When they cut them off, can they do a nerve block for the scrotal skin, or just subcutaneous novacaine?  4 are all in the width of a dime, and the other one is about an inch from the others.

Thanks!
K
Fordyce spots are small, painless, raised, pale or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the shaft of the penis. The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland, and are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only.

Warts are tumours or growths of the skin caused by infection with Human Papillomavirus (HPV).They are contagious when in contact with the skin of an infected person. It is also possible to get warts from using towels or other objects used by an infected person.

Exactly what it is can be confirmed only after examination and biopsy. I suggest you to get a skin biopsy or viral antibody tires done to confirm the diagnosis. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.