Skin takes a long time to heal/Scar easily.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I've noticed lately that my skin is taking a long time to heal.  For example, I have bug bites around my ankles that I got over the summer (June) and now (February) although they are healed, they left behind these red "scars"  Also, last time I got a cold sore on my lip and the sore itself took maybe 10 days to fully heal but there was a red mark on my lips for MONTHS before it finally went away.  It wasn't a big deal because it was on my actual lip so it wasn't noticeable but now I just got over another cold sore, this one was just above my lip so more noticeable, and there's still a red mark there that I'm worried it will also take forever to go away.  I'm worried that this is a sign of something else wrong with me.  I thought maybe diabetes but I'm only 25 and live a pretty healthy lifestyle.  Plus I don't have any of the other signs of diabetes.  I don't have insurance at the moment and I try to steer clear of medications and steroid creams.  Do you have any natural methods for me to do to facilitate my skin regeneration.  I should also note that I'm a smoker, I don't drink as much water as I know I should, and I'm slightly anemic.  All things I'm sure if I got better at would also promote the healing.  Sorry for being so longwinded and thanks in advance!!!
Delayed healing is usually found in diabetes. The other causes can be anemia and deficiency of vitamins C, K, B12, or folic acid.Try taking iron tablets and multivitamins for some days and see if the symptoms improve.
If the symptoms persist then please get an examination done from a physician.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.