Dermatology Expert Forum
Skin torn from penis not healing well

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Skin torn from penis not healing well

In the last week of december I was masterbating (masturbating) and my calluses tore a peice of skin the size of penny from the side of my penis right below the head. I figured it would heal prety quickly so i left it alone. I had sex when i thought it was completely healed but the condom made matters worse. it ripped the skin back off. That was the only time where there has ever been any bleeding but you can still tell that a thin layer of skin is missing. It's been three months and it has "healed" several times only to be ripped apart when i become erect. every week i go back to square one. and I have monitored several cuts that i have had since then on my hands, arms ect. but they all heal within days.
1.What is the fastest way to grow some new skin that will stay?
2.Is there anything over the counter that will assist in the healing process? I alreay use alcohol and antibiotic.
3.How do I keep the skin from ripping and having to start all over?
4.Is it better to let it scab(which by the way is really painful upon erection) or should I keep it covered and avoid the scab?
5.I heard of this stuff called dermawound. Do you think this would help?

Thank you for your help.
       Neednewskin
The best way to get any skin to heal is to leave it alone for a while.  I would use nothing more that vaseline and otherwise leave the skin and any scabs alone for a while, maybe a week.  Penile skin doesn't just keep on ripping (unless it's traumatized), so you don't need to worry that this is some kind of chronic condition.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Oh man I am having the same problems, EXACTLY. The cut is right beneath my head, and right above the line of circumcision. Its really irritating and I can't get rid of it. I have had it now for about 3 years. On and off. It heals, then gets worse. Right now it looks like its healing again, but never the less, I am sure that once I masturbate or have intercourse the skin will tear open again. If you could please give me some sort of advice, or let me know if it has gone away for you that would be great.

A related discussion, What to do about week old minor penis sore? was started.
A related discussion, Ripped penis was started.
A related discussion, skin ripped was started.
A related discussion, A cut on my penis that is not healing fast was started.
A related discussion, penis injury was started.