Skin troubles
My 3.5 month old has had very dry skin on her arms and legs.  It has never been red until recently.  It doesnt seem to itch her at all.  Once or twice her back became red and blotchy and dry feeling.  My mother is an RN and she doesnt think it is eczema.  She has cradle cap, which is not a bad case.  I am not sure if I should be overly concerned about her skin.  I use regular Crisco to moisturize it about twice a day.  I'm mosly concerned about how it is red now and it never was red before.  
I cannot confirm anything without examination but from the symptoms that the rash is dry and red, I would like to rule out the possibility of seborrheic dermatitis. It makes the skin look greasy, scaly and flaky and can involve the upper limbs. I suggest you to get an examination done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.