Slight burning sensation around the head of the penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

For several months now I have experienced a slight burning sensation around the head of the penis. There is also redness and very tiny bumps both of which are more obvious after intercourse (assuming from the friction). The irritation comes and goes, and it is sensitive when rubbing against cloth (i.e. toweling off after a shower).  I've been in a monogamous relationship for years, but I was checked for STD's and urinary infection anyway (negative). I've also tried applying clotrimazole cream. Still the symptoms persist. Your thoughts are appreciated.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be balanitis, contact dermatitis or fungal infection.

Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition, please don’t use any cosmetics on the penis,instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin.Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.