Slow Healing Facial Skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Slow Healing Facial Skin

I'm 37, female, with history of mayomas and hormonal imbalance. No pregnancies.
I keep a healthy lifestyle of regular physical activity and a balanced diet.
Apart from some rapidly growing facial hair around the chin and lower cheeks area, as well as very dry skin in the same areas, I also noticed that any skin irritation (ie if I plucked a hair) takes a very long time to heal and leaves a scar.

I use calendula cream every night, but it only helps partially.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
The dry skin can be due to dryness or perioral dermatitis. Scarring can be due to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is a condition where there is an excess amount of pigment following a disease process that affects the skin.  Without treatment, this usually takes about 6 months to resolve and for the skin color to go back to its normal color.  Topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thank you, doctor.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers