Small, Dry, Red, bumps all over arms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small, Dry, Red, bumps all over arms

I have hundreds of very tiny bumps all over my arms, back, face... but mostly its bad on my forearm (between wrist and elbow).  They are dry, no puss filling or anything, small, red, sometimes it itches but after i give it a quick good itch its fine.  It started like 4 months ago with just little bumps on the tops of my hands.  I noticed it showing up in weird patterns, such as one bump on the top part of my finger, but only one on each finger in the same spot on each finger and then there was a cluster of like 3 that formed a strait line across to top of my hand, but most of them would just show up in random spots as individual bumps or at a max of 5 in a cluster.  There is no pattern to any of it though. After a little while they go away to.  So one that shows up will disappear after a month, but im covered in hundreds of them and new ones pop up all the time.  Over the months it has come to cover more and more of my body.  I am posting pictures here.... photobucket.com/ArmBumps  or you can try
http***s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll169/emilysbs/Arm%20Bumps/  

Thanks for any help!!!

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or folliculitis.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for the symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how he is doing.

Regards.