Small, clear blisters/warts on hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small, clear blisters/warts on hands

Hi, I'm no doctor but recently small warts have been appearing on the sides of my fingers...I did some research and all my symptoms tie down to Pompholyx.

I'm just wondering if there are any ways to stop this? A cream or something like that?

Thank you
Tags: pompholyx
For pompholyx, wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist. Symptoms  can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If they prove unsucvessful, then Light treatment: UVA-1, PUVA, Grenz rays, Low Level Light Therapy using a Red + NIR (LED) combination can be used. For recalcitrant cases, corticosteroids combined with immunosuppressants may be used. In addition, you can apply aloe vera to the hands. It will help.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello, and thank you for the reply. I did have them checked by my mom too, who's a nurse. She also gets these symptoms and says it is definatley Pompholyx. She also said the recommended remedies are things like benadryl, etc.

Actually after giving them time and moisturising my hands twice a day with a decent moisturiser the symtpms have vanished, I know you never really fully get rid of pompholyx as I have had these symptoms at a much younger age (About 9, can't really remember).

Anyway, the warts have gone and my fingers and palms look normal again, no more picking at them causing rashes :)

Thank you again for the reply, I've noted down the things I may need if it tend to return at a faster rate this time.

Kind regards,

Erelave