Small, red, bumps under the skin on fingers
I'm not really sure what to call it, but I've been getting small, red bumps on my thumb and pointer finger of my right hand. they almost look and feel like warts are starting to grow but they have stayed the same for about a month with no further growth into a wart. They are under the skin and the area around them is pretty firm or tough feeling. The actual red dots themselves are no bigger than the head of a pin but the tough area around them are a little bigger. I don't know what to do for them and I keep getting more of them. Please help me! Thank you.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be dyshidrotic eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used, whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. Also use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

I have the same thing occurring and its the strangest thing. I wake up and my fingers tips are actually sore as if they were planters warts starting and I see the little pin needle red marks if I push on the finger tips. The only thing I can think or how they are starting is that I do alot of scratch off and use pennies with those fingers. Could it be the pennies causing it? The other thing is I have an 17 month old and I use those fingers when applying diaper rash cream. Hmmm? Baffling!