Small, scattered bug-bite like red dots?
The other day I noticed these small red dots that looked like bug bites on the upper, shoulder/back part near my right arm. There were four very close together and then they trailed down, sporadically down the back of my arm.
Yesterday they did not itch or seem irritated.

Today however they are raised, like bug bites, and itch.

A day or so ago I was swimming in the river behind my house. Its not really clean water, but habitable enough to have tons of sea weed and, further out, fish. I swam for maybe about a consecutive hour.
Later in the evening I sprayed myself with anti-bug spray. (Mosquito repellant?)

I've tried googling some possible diagnosis, but I can't find much that match my symptoms.
Any ideas? What could this be? How can I treat it? Do I need to see a doctor?
It could be a case of hives, which are are red, itchy welts or swellings on the skin that often come in clusters.
Hives can appear anywhere on the body, cropping up either in one small area or covering large patches of skin. They most often occur as part of an allergic reaction. No one lesion lasts more than 24 hours, but new ones may continue to appear until the condition resolves.
When an irritant comes into contact with your body, your immune system sends chemicals, including histamine, to fight it. The sudden spike in histamine levels can cause an outbreak of hives in the upper layers of the skin.
potential triggers include physical exertion or exercise, stress, illness, chemicals, cosmetics, textiles, and pressure from materials rubbing against the skin apart from food, medications, insect bites and pollen and plants.
In your case it could be anything  from the water to the chemicals in it or the plants etc.
Try an over-the-counter antihistamine to reduce your body's response to the irritant and to relieve itch and rash.
Aalamine lotion on the affected areas to soothe the skin. If it does not subside or shows signs of worsening then please do see a dermatologist.
ref:http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/hivestreatment
Thank you so much for your response.

Its helped ease my anxieties a lot. Thank you.

=]