Small, shiny, pink, bumps on penile shaft

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I recently had unprotected sex with a girl on Halloween and the following week began to get what looked like a tiny pimple on the foreskin so I left it alone, thinking it would eventually go away. We had sex again on the weekend and the next day i saw what looked like a few more pimples. There are about 9 of these tiny, pink bumps on the penile shaft and two at the base. They are not painful, or itchy, nor do they look like genital warts(or at least the pictures I have seen). They have no fluids oozing or pus inside, but the top does look shiny. What can this be? Should I get to the doctor asap? Or is it something benign that I can handle myself? Please help. Thanks.

Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis, rash due to friction rub, folliculitis, cysts ,molluscum contagiosum(multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug) or genital warts(caused by HPV infection).

Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lumps persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.