Small, white bumps on chin.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small, white bumps on chin.

Only visible when smiling, you can see these white bumps on my chin that look like very small pimples. Squeezing (I know, bad) does not help seeing that nothing comes out and neither does exfoliating. Sometimes a pimple forms in place of one of the bumps, but not all of the time. There are MANY, and cover the top half of my chin. It's very unsightly, I tell you.
Might I add, they are UNDERNEATH the skin.
These can be clogged pores or whiteheads or folliculitis skin. It is a yellowish or blackish bump or plug on the skin and is a type of acne vulgaris. It is caused by excess oils that have accumulated in the sebaceous gland's duct.

Cleanse the area thoroughly and apply a good mild exfoliating scrub on that. Apply a medicated cream or gel containing resorcinol, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. This helps is soaking the oil and helps in peeling away the blackheads.If benzoyl peroxide leaves your skin dry, apply an oil-free moisturizer after 10 mins of applying benzoyl peroxide.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.