Dermatology Expert Forum
Small Black Bump on Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Small Black Bump on Penis
Dear MedHelp,

My husband gets small black bumps on the shaft of his penis.  The area around the bump is also rough and sensitive.  He thinks they are black heads.  Is it possible they are?  Lately they have been showing up more in fequency and quanity.  What might these bumps be and do they need to be treated?
The penis is prone to small cysts, which look a little like acne, though if course they are different.  They're probably just a normal anatomical vairant, but if they worry you and him, he should show a doctor and get a definitive read.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I have one bump near my anus and one in my genital area.  Since I've never even kissed or nething sexual, I don't think I have an STD (I've looked into it), but I'm not really that sure. The two bumps are kind of white and dime sized and when split open (accidentally) bleeds.  I'm pretty sure it's not herpes because it's not in any form of herpes.  I don't think it's genital warts either.  What is it?