Small Blisters on hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small Blisters on hands

I've been getting these small blisters on my fingers on and off for 8 years.  They'll be many months in between times. They look like poison ivy blisters and go away after a week or 2.  It can't be poison ivy because it is always just my fingers and sometimes I get them in January when everything outside is dormant.  I don't go outdoors a lot.  What can the causes be?  ....chemical?  I'm not recognizing any patterns with cleaners.  ....health conditions?   Please, any direction will be helpful.
If the rash is limited to your hands and feet then pompholyx is an important possibility. Pompholyx primarily involves the hands and fingers and then may involve the feet. The first stage is acute and presents as itchy blisters on the hands, fingers and toes. Then the chronic stage shows more peeling, cracking, or crusting. Then the skin heals up, or the blistering may start again. The exact cause is not known and excessive sweating can be one of the reasons.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.