Small Bumps/Dryness on Penis
For quite a while I've had small bumps in a band on the shaft of my penis near the glans.  they're not closely clustered like hpv, and only slightly raised, about 1mm if that.  I had health services at my school check it out and they told me it's not hpv, but probably just the texture of my penis.  However, with friction the area can become dry.  There's no irritation or itch, just bumps.  Anybody have any Ideas?
From your description this could be a condition called PPP.
Pearly penile papules or PPP is a clinical skin condition of the male genital organs where the papules appear as one or several rows of small, flesh-colored, smooth, dome-topped bumps situated circumferentially around the corona (see image) or sulcus of the glans penis.
It is not a sexually transmitted disease and its appearance is unrelated to sexual activity or standards of personal hygiene.
The bumps are however extremely sensitive.Lesions typically are asymptomatic and persist throughout life; however, they gradually may become less noticeable with increased age.
Therapy is not required but sometimes offered to alleviate patient anxiety or for cosmetic reasons. Treatment for larger uncomfortable papules — i.e. raised bumps of somewhat paler colour around the base of the glans — is by a simple carbon dioxide laser treatment.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearly_penile_papules

Thanks for the info.  from what I recall, that's what the school doctor said it may be.  The pictures at that link however are much more pronounced than what I have.  I've uploaded a photo to illustrate, it's a little blurry but perhaps it will clarify the situation.  the link is http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/5/19/1094049/S5030623.JPG

Thanks again.