Small Itchy Burning Bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small Itchy Burning Bumps

I woke up today with a small area on my lower stomach and back with small bumps. They itch and burn at times. I was wondering what it could be?
  • Itching (1 replies):
    how do you know if you have shingles
  • itching (2 replies):
    why am i itching so much and feel like needles sticking ...[more]
  • rash on back (1 replies):
    Hello. My boyfriend has a rash on his back and now its s...[more]
  • Painful rash on waistline (1 replies):
    Hi everyone: I have posted a picture: http://www.chri...[more]
  • Skin rash (1 replies):
    About two days ago a rash appeared on my right shoulder....[more]
These symptoms can be due to shingles or contact dermatitis. Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.