Small Red spots on tip of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small Red spots on tip of penis

I have been having this irritation on the tip of my penis for a few weeks now. There are a good amount of small red spots on the tip of my penis and there seems to be a small crack in the skin under the head on the top side of my penis. Its irritated as you know. Any idea of what it might be? I dont think its herpes and there is no white cheese like substance so I dont think its a yeast infection either. Please give me your thoughts and possible remedies! thank you.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to contact dermatitis, friction rub or balanitis. Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition, please don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.