Small White Bump on Lower Lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small White Bump on Lower Lip

I have had a small white bump on my lower lip for several months now.  Initially, it was much smaller, and thinking that it was in actuality a pimple, I tried to lance it.  There was slight bleeding, it scabbed over, and I thought that was it.  But a week or so later when the scab fell off, in it's place was a larger bump that now covered every area that had been poked by the needle I used to lance it.

I have no idea if this is an oral wart or not, however it looks like one (from the small pictures I've seen on the net).  Only problem there is that I am married and have been for some time - and my husband does not have anything like this, and never has.  It worries me because most things I've read about that sound similar to what this looks like all claim that it should just "go away in time" - yet it's been months.

I plan to see a doctor within the month, but in the meantime, should I be worried?
...still no help?
For such kind of bump, I would suggest you to get evaluated for wart.
Warts are tumors or growths of the skin caused by infection with Human Papillomavirus (HPV).They are contagious when in contact with the skin of an infected person. It is also possible to get warts from using towels or other objects used by an infected person.

Exactly what it is can be confirmed only after examination and biopsy. I sincerely advise you to get a biopsy of the lesion done to confirm the cause.

Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Warm regards.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers