Aa
A
A
Close
Small bald spot on top of head caused by ring worm (since I was a baby)
Hi,

I've had a small bald spot on the top of my head since I was a baby, slightly to the left around 2cm in diameter.My mum informed me that this was caused by ring worm,  is this possible? As far as I can remember hair has never grown there, I otherwise have a full head of thick black hair. My question is, will/can this hair ever grow back naturally? Because I thought I would test this theory by using a stimulant (Rogaine) and hair grew over the period of 4 months and filled in the spot. I stopped using it however as I felt it was synthetic and have decided to look for more natural means. I use Nizoral and Selsun blue at least 3 times a week. The spot itself is only noticeable if my hair is short, which is my preferred length.

Health: Excellent
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
For such a bald spot which has been present for quite some time, hair transplantation is one of the best options for which I sincerely suggest you to consult a plastic surgeon and discuss the pros and cons of hair transplantation with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources