Small bald spot on top of head caused by ring worm (since I was a baby)...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small bald spot on top of head caused by ring worm (since I was a baby)

I've had a small bald spot on the top of my head since I was a baby, slightly to the left around 2cm in diameter.My mum informed me that this was caused by ring worm,  is this possible? As far as I can remember hair has never grown there, I otherwise have a full head of thick black hair. My question is, will/can this hair ever grow back naturally? Because I thought I would test this theory by using a stimulant (Rogaine) and hair grew over the period of 4 months and filled in the spot. I stopped using it however as I felt it was synthetic and have decided to look for more natural means. I use Nizoral and Selsun blue at least 3 times a week. The spot itself is only noticeable if my hair is short, which is my preferred length.

Age: 30
Gender: Male
Health: Excellent
For such a bald spot which has been present for quite some time, hair transplantation is one of the best options for which I sincerely suggest you to consult a plastic surgeon and discuss the pros and cons of hair transplantation with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.