Small black "freckle"
Hello. I'm posting as I've just found a small, almost freckle like, black spot on my arm. I'm 21 years of age and have a lot of freckles. This freckle, though, It's very small. I would estimate about 1mm. It's not round, but most of my freckles aren't. It's on the back side of my arm, so I don't know when it showed up, I just happened to see it. It's not raised or anything, it just appears to be a black freckle. Could it simply be a black freckle or is that very abnormal? I'd just go get it checked out but I'm not insured right now. Thanks for any insight you're able to offer me.
From the symptoms that you have described, it can be a freckle or a mole. Now it seems harmless because it is not raised or showing any changes. If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful. Otherwise it should be left as such.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

i thought i seen a perfectly round black, flat small dot freckle on my flank but then wheni searched and results landed me here, i read your post, went to see if the texture was raised, and it fell off... must have been a piece of lint er something...phew!