Small blisters on fingers

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small blisters on fingers

I keep getting these small pin sized blisters on my fingers. It started about three weeks ago and I think it's spreading to the rest of my hands. They don't itch and there's no liquid in them, no redness either. They start small and they eventually peel off. Any idea?

Since when have you noticed these lesions? Are you exposed to any new detergents or soaps etc? There are several causes of blisters.

'Blisters are usually caused by injury to the skin from heat or from friction, which create a tear between the epidermis—the upper layer of the skin—and the layers beneath.

Short periods of intense rubbing can cause a blister, but any rubbing of the skin at all can cause a blister if it is continued for long enough. Blisters form more easily on moist skin than on dry or soaked skin, and are more common in warm conditions.

Sometimes, the skin can blister when it comes into contact with a cosmetic, detergent, solvent or other chemical; this is known as contact dermatitis. Blisters can also develop as a result of an allergic reaction to an insect bite or sting.

There are also a number of medical conditions that cause blisters. The most common are chickenpox, herpes, impetigo, and a form of eczema called dyshidrosis. '

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister

Keep the areas well moisturised and apply calamine lotion at the sites.

It would be best to consult a doctor if it does not resolve on its own in a few days.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.