Small blisters on the scalp

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small blisters on the scalp

About 3 weeks ago I noticed some small very itchy little blisters on my head. There are maybe 3 to 5 at a time, spread from the back of the crown, the back and to the neck hairline. They have appeared nowhere else. They feel like little blisters (I have no way to look) that itch like crazy. They are dry in that they do no ooze, unless I break one scratching at it. They seem to scab over and if I mess with them scratching too hard, the scab will be deeper and bloodied.

I bought some 3% salcitic(?) acid solution shampoo, but it has not helped. I have no evidnece of lice, have excellent hygiene and have never had this before. What could it be?
Same here - let me know if you have figured it out; and most of all if there is a home-cure for it, since doctors charge ten arms and legs for it!
spiritflow
I have this, I cant see mine either it feels like little spots and it's very dry and flaky, unless itched then the flakes come off and it's sore. I think it is Psoriasis  I put vaseline on mine and it really  helped.
I work for 3 Dermatologists.  
You are suffering from Psoriasis
Some treatment options are:
Cortisone (anti-itch) cream
Creams or ointments that contain coal tar or anthralin
Creams to remove the scaling (usually salicylic acid or lactic acid)
Dandruff shampoos (over-the-counter or prescription)
Moisturizers
Prescription medicines containing vitamin D or vitamin A (retinoids)
Most treatments require a prescription from your GP.  The most common causes of Psoriasis are:
Dry air or dry skin
Injury to the skin, including cuts, burns, and insect bites
Some medicines, including anti-malaria drugs, beta-blockers, and lithium
Stress
Too little sunlight
Too much sunlight (sunburn)
Too much alcohol
Hope this helps................
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Some differentials will be eczematous diseases without excoriations like seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, fungal infections,bacterial infections like folliculitis.

A dry scab that appears to bleed when the scab is scratched off may be one of the signs of psoriasis. However, a physician needs to see this just to confirm the diagnosis.

Keep us posted. Good Luck!
I have a 23 month old child that had blisters appear suddenly on the bottom of the feet and top of the head.  Child was admitted in the hospital for observation for 2 days and then released.  She was diagnosed with infections blisters and ringworm.  The child developed a fever one day later after being sent home and was acting very lethargic.  Her fever was 101.5 and was given Tylenol and the fever went up to 102.5 the child had an episode of emisses and was given Motrin and the fever went down.  The next day the child  was acting normal but later that morning and two more episode of emisses.  Later that day the child is found unresponsive and then later dies of brain hemorrhage.  My question is this could the blister have the reason that she died?
You may be a Celiac. I am a Celiac.When I consumer gluten (wheat, barley), I develop these "blisters" on my scalp. Look up "Dermatitis herpetiformis". If you are a Celiac, simply abstain from gluten and it will go away in 3-4 weeks.
totally the same thing here.  started at the crown and went down back of neck  now it all over my whole head.  cant keep my hands off of it.  it's just like u described.. blister-like, no real exdudate, and the scabs.  
Doesn't make since, I have the same small blisters on my scalp. not only on my scalp not but on my arms, shoulders, neck & chest. I have been to doctors and had biopsy and nothing. Just have to keep dealing with it. Anxity is the only thing that doctors think that may be causing it. The big problem is the don't heal, they break and then fill again with liquid.
The few I got to heal turned into a scar.  
Have you been checked for Celiac disease?  Or DH (dermatitis herpetiformis?)  You can have celiac disease and no other outward symptoms.  You can only have DH if you have celiac disease.