Small blisters/warts on my 5 yr old

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small blisters/warts on my 5 yr old

Hello. I have noticed small red & white bumps/blisters/warts on my 5 yr old daughters skin. She has about 20 of them in total around the tops of her thighs & backs of her knees. I went to the dr & they gave me Betnovate for a week which has had no affect whatsoever.
I remember a friend of hers at school had moluscum (molluscum) 2 years ago (but has been clear for a long time now), could this be what it is? If so, what is the best treatment for children? I have read that zinc cream or sea salt baths help, although a lot of doctors say to do nothing & it will go away?
confused & concerned.... any help most gratefully received
My daughter had a similar sounding situation.  I can't remember what the pediatrician called it but he did warn it was difficult to get rid of.  He actually prescribed aldara (which was embarassing for me to get b/c he told me it was prescribed for vaginal warts!).  It worked great,  it dries them up over a few applications to where it is almost "scabby" and flakes off.  Can be a little uncomfortable because of the drying effects so maybe work on a few spots at a time.  He also told me it was contagious but I touched them on my daughter and never caught them.  Basically they come from an internal type virus.  This was what my daughter had, maybe you can run it by your Dr.

It can be molluscum contagiosum as it is the commonest cause of bumps in school age children. Molluscum contagiosum is a common, benign, self limiting viral infection of the skin. It generally affects children and typically occurs in the 2-5 age group. Treatment includes physical destruction or manual extrusion of the lesions, cryotherapy, and curettage.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.