Small blood red spots on skin
Today I noticed a number of small isolated blood red coloured spots, averaging about the size of a pin head, on my skin.  One on my chest, another near the navel and a couple of smaller ones on my left bicep.  I don't suffer from acne and occasionally get spots/zits on my face or neck, but these look lke blood bruises or some such.  Anyone know anything about hem?

What other symptoms are present? Petechiae are round, pinpoint-sized hemorrhages of small capillaries in the skin or mucous membranes. Petechiae result from tiny areas of superficial bleeding into the skin. The common causes of petechiae include local injury and trauma, allergic reactions, autoimmune diseases, viral infections that impair blood coagulation, an abnormally high platelet level, certain medical treatments and diseases..Treatment is directed at the underlying cause of the petechiae. On the other hand, purpura are larger areas of bleeding into the skin that begin as red areas that become purple and later brownish-yellow. Purpura usually appears in crops and may disappear over three to five days.
(http://skin-care.health-cares.net/petechiae-purpura.php)

If this condition persists or fever is also present, it is best to see your doctor for proper evaluation and management. Take care and keep us posted.
Petechiae are pinpoint-sized red dots under the surface of the skin. The dots are red because they contain blood that has leaked from tiny blood vessels (capillaries) into the skin. Petechiae may be an indication of a serious underlying problem that requires medical evaluation.

A common cause of petechiae is a low platelet count (thrombocytopenia). Platelets are blood cells that play an important role in blood clotting. Causes of a low platelet count include:
Autoimmune disorders, such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis
Viral infections, such as mononucleosis and measles (rubella)
Medications, infections, blood disorders etc.

You need to get a few blood tests done to rule out any of these conditions. Apart from this the only explanation could be injury which could have caused this.

ref:http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/petechiae/HQ01208
i had blood work done to rule out Petechiae and Purpura, but my Dr. said everything looked ok and that, that just may be the way my skin is. should i get a second opinion? i've never had this problem until this year. what do you recommend.
I have Petechiae all over my body. It appears worse to me, but when I asked the Dr he said it was nothing. I do have arthritis and fibromyalgia, but now I appear to be getting larger ones. What type of doctor should I see now?
Dr. Aparna

Are you in USA? And what is your field of specialty? I have a strange issue on my face surface, and I have it for the past almost 2 or 3 months. My skin has always been the clearest and fairest, but it's the first time I am suffering from this and it really bothers me a lot. I am 31 years old. I have these pink, round dry things on my one cheek and it's now starting on the other cheek too. It's always dry,, but not so itchy or painful and is just peeling off so I have to keep it moist either through steaming or applying sun block that I know wouldn't harm it greatly. I am really too much worried. the red circles do not have head or white head or anything. And I just noticed that newly there are some small, very tiny red dots (blood kind of) one on my cheek, on on my arm and some 2 on my thigh. Please advise. (hushed_ocean***@****)
What about pinpoint red marks on the skin THAT DO NOT FADE WHEN PRESSED! SOMEONE HELP ME HERE.
I am having the same problem but when I press them they bleed, they actively BLEED what is wrong with me???
This morning in math I was closing the rings of my binder and it pinched my hand, I thought I was bleeding but there was no blood coming out. I looked at my hand and I noticed a little red bubble/bump thing. I don't know if it was internal bleeding or what it was but I need to know if it is something serious or something that will fade over days.
You've got to be kidding, right? Just in case you're not kidding, (which I hope you are) it's a blood blister. You'll be fine.
It's a blood blister, nothing to worry about. I'm sure you will get many more in your lifetime. You can Google it so you will feel assured that they're nothing to be concerned with. It will go away with time.
I have a theory about my blood spots. When I was pregnant with my 2nd son, my body was covered with little blood spots. When he was born, he had a positive RH factor and mine is negative. I think that the positive vs. negative issue caused an allergic reaction, thus causing blood spots. I also think this may have caused my immunity issues, which may have influenced my kidney disease. I may be wrong, but it's a theory. Twenty four years later, I still have blood spots.
You should ask your doctor these questions & have them actually look at your  " pink, round dry things" on your cheek, instead of asking strangers online.  Your "pink, round dry thing" can be from a number of different things & your doctor should have the opportunity to actually see what it is.  Nobody can tell you what a "pink round dry thing" is by that description.

As a now retired nurse, I would never tell someone what they believe is a problem & no doctor will tell you online either, without actually seeing you & your "pink round dry things".  That is careless & could potentially put a person at risk, especially if someone tells you that it is nothing.  Just keep in mind that just because someone has a "Dr." or even a "nurse" in their ID, doesn't mean they are actually a medical professional.  
They are called Angioma's. It is unknown why they appear and impossible to prevent them.
After driving for a long distance,my elbow stands on the steering weel, I got a red color on my wrist and elbow.what is that?
does the mefenamic acid cause Petechiae?