Small blue lump under skin.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small blue lump under skin.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows what this is: about 8 weeks ago I noticed a small blue lump (about 2-3 mm) on my 11 year old son's forehead, and thought it might be a blackhead, so squeezed it. After a while, it was clear that it was not a blackhead, and I squeezed some very dark red blood out. I kept on squeezing until the lump significantly subsided. Since then the lump has slowly returned, perhaps even slightly bigger. It is slightly sensitive when pressed, and it seems that the the lump is under a skin pore, because the openeing is enlarged, like a blackhead. There is no redness on the skin surface, so it doesn't seem to be infected but I think that the sensitivity is due to build up of blood underneath. It is not bothering him (unless I try to touch it!), but as it is quite unusual I thought I would ask anyone if they know what it could be before I get it checked.