Small boil type bump on nose

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small boil type bump on nose

Hi there, about two and half months ago I noticed a very tiny bump  near the tip of my nose which looked like a clear boil. I have suffered from adult acne (which I have recently finished treating with acutane) so assumed it was a pimple of some sort. Like a fool, I squeezed it. A little bit of clear fluid come out. However, when I woke up the next morning it had turned into a giant blood blister. I tried to release some of the blood and gently squeezed it again. Some blood came out but it remained full of blood and awful looking. I realized the best thing to do was leave it. After a few weeks it cleared up but left what seemed like a large white head. I tried squeezing that and the skin broke open again and once again, I had an open sore. I've been battling this continually. The sore clears up, a white head is left, I squeeze it and I have a sore again. Now two and a half months later I am worried that this is skin cancer. Even after the sore heals and the white head remains, the area surrounding it is slightly red. Appreciate any advice. And yes, I sunburned my nose many times as a child.
From the symptoms it sounds like sebaceous cyst. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.