Small brown dots on finger.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small brown dots on finger.

For a while now, (I know for sure at least the past year, though I think I may have had the problem two or three years now, I honestly can't remember), I've had these weird brown dots on my finger. They're quite hard to see when just looking, or even when using a camera, so I had to resort to using my scanner to get images of them.

I noticed that they are more visible when it's sunny, though whether light affects them or if they are just more noticeable in the light, I don't know.

The middle of my finger is sort of smooth, it looks as if glue has dried over the top of it, and when I touch it it the skin pushes in easily, almost as if there is no flesh immediately under it. Along the side of my finger the skin is all dry and rough and there are lines almost like wrinkles all the way across the fingertip. The only part of my finger it affects is the tip of my left index finger.

I think, (although I'm not sure if it was this finger), I may have burnt it on an electric oven a few years back... If I did, would the symptoms fit that or is it something I should look in to?

In general there is no pain, though sometimes in the middle of my finger I have a pain when I touch it that feels sort of like when you get a splinter stuck in there. I've tried using tweezers and stuff but I can't get anything out... It usually fades on its own in a few days.

Pictures:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/medhelp_images/user_photos/117785?1261532694