Small cluster of tiny bumps near meatus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small cluster of tiny bumps near meatus

I haven't had any signs of STDs and have only ever received unprotected oral sex several times.  I have never felt any burning while urinating, no discharges, no changes in color of urine or semen.  Basically, I feel as great as ever.

However, I noticed something near the meatus of my penis.  To the left of the opening of my urethra, there seems to be some kind of growth.  It is on the glans (glands) and not in the urethra.  They can be described as a small cluster of tiny bumps.  They are barely detectable, noticeable only under direct light and when I stretch out my glans (glands).

In more detail, this small cluster of tiny bumps are the same color as my glans (glands).  When stretched out, they appear slightly lighter in color.  When rubbing it, it does not give the feeling of having water/pus/liquid etc. underneath it.  These bumps are around or less than a millimeter wide.  They have never ulcerated or caused any breaking of the skin.  I have never gotten any open sores or (to my knowledge of the definition) blisters.

There is no irritation whatsoever.  I don't know when this appeared, but it has the cluster has not grown in the month since I have noticed it.  No new bumps have grown, and the bumps have remained the same size.

Does anyone have any information or advice?  I am well aware that nobody can properly diagnose me over the Internet and that I will ultimately need to take a trip to a doctor.  With that said, I thank you all in advance for your additions.
Also, the bumps are not hard.  They feel the same as the glans (glands).  They are barely visible, really only noticeable when I am erect.

From the description of your symptoms they can be folliculitis,Fordyce spots or sebaceous cysts.Folliculitis is inflammation of one or more hair follicles. The condition may occur anywhere on the skin.Fordyce spots are small, painless, raised bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the shaft of the penis.They are non-infectious and a natural occurrence on the body.

Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.

If the bumps start increasing in size then adermatologist,s opinion should be sought,otherwise they should be left as such.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

Dear kindd,

Thank you very much for your informative reply.  I appreciate very much the various descriptions.

However, from these descriptions, I don't think I have any of these.  It can't be folliculitis, the location of these bumps is on the tip of my glans (glands), near the meatus, and I don't think hair grows there lol.

As for sebaceous cyst, there is no liquid underneath, so I do not believe these to be the case either.  Fordyce spots you say appear on the shaft of the penis, but do they appear at the glans (glands) too?  

Again, I am very grateful for you taking the time out to reply to me.  Thank you very much!

Fordyce spots are small,bright red or purple papules that can appear on the glans (glands), shaft or even on scrotum and usually affect younger men. They may occur as a solitary lesion and are usually non itchy and painless.

Hope it helps .Take care and pls do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Hello, the description you gave sounds very similar to what I developed recently. You said the bumps get lighter when stretched but do the bumps seem to get a bit darker  (redish/purple) and more pronounced with an erection?

I have an appt with a urologist next week and will share whatever he tells me.  

Hello, sorry for the delay in response, I had not noticed any new posts.

For me, there is no change in the color with an erection, it remains the same color as my glans (glands), almost as if the bumps are underneath the skin of the glans (glands).  They generally remain the same color, and as for prominence, they are a little more noticeable when erect.

Please share, I look forward to your reponse!
From your description your bumps are somewhat different than what I am experiencing.  The ones I have are dark purple to reddish and stay that color wether flaccid or erect.  The urologist told me that they were perfectly normal.  He did not say exactly what they were but the inference was that they are papillary in nature and definitely not any type of STD or cancer.  I'm sorry I can't provide more helpful information.  My best suggestion is to go see a urologist and have them checked out.  At least that way you will know with what your are dealing.

Good Luck
I had to sign up to reply in this thread because it hasn't had much activity lately. I have the basically the exact same thing as NewGuy47 described expect they're on the right side. Any advice would be appreciated.
Likewise, newguy47's description is very similar to what I have. Either both of you happen to find out what it was?
I also found that I have these, and a quick search lead me to believe that it's whats commonly known as Pearly Penile Papules. Wikipedia article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirsuties_coronae_glandis . Apparently, these are found in a quarter of adult males, more frequent on uncircumcised penises. They pose no threat to either your health or your sexual performance, and can only be seen as aesthetically unpleasant, although they vary in size between 1mm and 3mm. You can search some images and compare to see if they look like anything you have. If that's the case, you have nothing to worry about.