Small clusters of painless red dots on penis shaft

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

For the last several weeks I've been having sex with my girlfriend 7-9 times a week as well as a bit of masturbation on the side.  A few days ago I noticed a lot of dry skin on the shaft of my penis.  The skin is still a bit dry but seems to be getting back to normal, but now I'm noticing a few clusters of small, reddish dots on the shaft (none on the head or in the foreskin).  They're about the size of a pin *****, pinkish around the outside and darker in the very center.  They don't itch and there's also no pain, including when they're touched.  As of now, I'm attributing this to the increased amount of friction, but am still a bit unsettled and wanted to ask.