Small cut under ear lobe

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small cut under ear lobe

My 3 year old son has had a small cut under his earlobe where it connects with his face. I recently took him into the Dr and they prescribed Bactroban and said to put Eucerin lotion on it inbetween Bactroban treatments for 10 days. It does not seem to be healing up. I am not sure if it is because he bothers it and is keeping it from healing. Is there anything else I can be doing to help this cut heal and close?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

How is your son? Any cut or wound undergoes wound repair, the body's natural process of regenerating dermal and epidermal tissue. This may take a few days depending on the extent of the wound. In your son's case, continue cleaning and applying the topical antibiotic as prescribed. Try to apply  the ointment during sleep to avoid him from bothering it.

Take care and keep us posted.