Dermatology Expert Forum
Small dark spots on scrotum - some bleeding!?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I've noticed 3 or 4 quite small dark spots on my scrotum.  No pain or bumps.  At first I didn't think much of this, although I have recently been with a different partner.  But once in the shower while masterbating, one of the spots began to bleed!  Not alot but enough to notice, and has since not reoccured.  Only other symptom I have had at about the same time is a jock itch & sticky feeling in my groin area.  My dermatologist prescribed Protopic .1% for this, which has helped but this reoccures if I stop using the cream.  What are the spots, and should I be tested for any STD??  Will the cream eventually stop the jock itch?  Thanks.
Dark sumps on the scrotum are often angiomas, benign collections of blood vessels.  These are common in middle-aged men.  Your dermatologist can tell you for sure.  I have only very rarely had to cauterize them to stop bleeding, but that's easy to do if needed.  Protopic is a nice and effective nonsteroid for the groin.  If it works, you should use it as needed.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, bleeding warts (scrotum) was started.
A related discussion, not too sure about what i need to do was started.