Small dots on forearm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small dots on forearm

I scratched my forearm and blood came out of very small round dots that are spread apart from each other (about 1-2 mm apart from each other).  The dots themselves are very small, the size of a period mark or comma.  After I scratched till it started the bleeding, the itch went away.

A few years ago, I remember I had a patch of small red dots on my arm (kind of like the surface of a basketball except smaller) and it itched but it went away or at least went dormant.  Now, after I scratched my skin it reappeared and had blood coming out of it.

They look pretty symmetrical.
It can be due to contact dermatitis, allergies, folliculitis or dermatitis skin. Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl and consult a doctor as you may need topical and oral steroids for his symptoms. If the symptoms persist then please consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for your reply.  The dots went away after scab marks formed above the bleeding.  Seems to be okay now.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers