Small fluid filled bumps on lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small fluid filled bumps on lip

A few days ago my lips felt irritated,i kept using nivea lip balm, and still irritated and yesterday I noticed small fluid filled bumps on my lower lip, though not in any pattern I could discern, besides3 coming after i ripped off the chapped layer of skin.  I am using abreva just in case this is cold sores (my mother has it and she recently had an outbreak, thus this odd lip problem is deeply disturbing) but that seems to make it more irritated than soothing.(I wont notice my lips until i think about them) I also used an inhaler recently and this seems to have stirred up mouth/tongue pain, at around the same time as my lips began feeling irritated. I did not put my mouth around the inhaler opening, so as to not run the risk that it was my moms inhaler (emergency inhaler was needed and i could not be sure the one i used was mine so i did not put my mouth on it)and so the inhaler fluid was on my lips (as was hand sanitizing fluid on accident). Please tell me what this may be, is this cold sores,an allergy or some sort of issue stemming from my constant lip biting and scraping.i also have the tendancy to pull the upper chapped layer of skin off, leaving it raw . Also i have been playing with my lips more and this has irritated it even more so. these have not burst so far, but I dont know what they could be! I do have a yeast infection that is recurring in my system, more so than normal feminine yeast infection. I also have adult cystic acne and deal with cysts on a regular basis all over my body.I dont know if this could also be an issue. Please help , i dont know what this is, and I am very worried but i can also bite on these and there is only the dull pain and stinging of usual lip biting. HELP.( I also just had a shot of cortisone into my hip joint  within the sac surrounding ball and socket)
Tags: fluid filled bumps, irritation, Acne, bumps on lips, lip biting, lip scraping, lip allergies, infections
It can be due to cheilitis skin or manual trauma to lips. Avoid licking the lips as saliva evaporates quickly resulting in them being drier than before. Drink plenty of water and take multivitamin supplements and do not apply lipstick or other cosmetic products for some days. Use a humidifier to moisturize the air in your home and apply shea butter or Vaseline on your lips. If a week of compresses and emollients don't do the trick, you can add over-the-counter 1 percent hydrocortisone ointment to your regimen.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.