Small hard, painful bumps on scalp
About seven years ago, I started to notice small hard bumps on my scalp. Since then I have noticed several more appearing. They are painful, and I am also experiencing a lot of hair loss along with it. They do not ooze fluids at all, but are very bothersome. I also noticed along with the hair loss, that my hair is extremely dry and brittle and breaks easily. Recently they have become very bothersome. Could you please tell me what could this be, and what can I do for it? Is it possible that it could be folliculitis, or scalp dermatitis?
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be cysts or scalp dermatitis. The other possibility is of acne keloidalis nuchae. Treatment of AKN includes suppression of the inflammation with antibiotics and steroid gels or intralesional steroid injections. So apply antibiotic cream like Neosporin or bactroban. If the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics and steroids may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.