Small itchy bump on scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small itchy bump on scrotum

Two weeks ago I noticed small bump (looks like a pimple) which became itchy and when itched it became swollen, almost like a bug bite.  There is only one bump; it is at the base of the penis, on the scrotum.  It has persisted for a couple weeks and itches mildly now and then.  If agitated it swells and looks more like a blister than a pimple.  Now it is just a slight round red spot which is barely noticeable.  I'm worried that it may be herpes.  I had protected sex about two months ago the bump is in a spot which may not have been covered by the condom.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be folliculitis,contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic),excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis or balanitis(due to an underlying infection (bacterial and fungal as well as other organisms) .Even herpes cannot be ruled out as it is spread through direct skin-to-skin contact during oral, genital, or anal sex with an infected partner.

You may try calamine lotion on the rash.You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics.You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or calamine lotion or a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash. If the bump is itchy,you  can take some antihistaminic like benadryl or Claritin.

If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Herpes has to be ruled out.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

For years now I have had this lump that comes and goes on the left side of my testicles. Its looks like a pimple and when scratched it looks like a hive and swells. Sometimes it is very itchy while others it is not. Rarely does it every go away but sometimes it is either gone or to small to see. The place it is located is always the same.

I have been getting this lump since before I ever began having any sexual relations with anyone so I find it hard to believe that it is an STD. It has never really been to much of a problem till last night. I woke up this morning to find myself covered in blood. My assumption is that I scratched it alot while sleeping and caused it to bleed as a result. My inner thigh was covered in blood and I found no other place for the blood to come from. I decided to scratch the spot to see if that was the problem and in fact it was. There was a fair enough amount of blood that I was concerned about it for sure which brought me to this site.

Any information would be helpful.

I have not had sex for more then 7 months but I suffer from not eating right and lots of stress. Perhaps its a stress bump I have seen these before on other parts of my body and they feel and look the same but are rarely on the same spot like this is.

Phil
Phil,
Have you ever figured out what that is, because I have EXACTLY the same thing you describe (but no bleeding-episode...yet). It is getting me very wirried to say the least.    email me:    ***@****
Can somebody held me i got a heavy itching and lot of bbump on my balls can you tell me what to do cause i went to the doctor 3 times they don't do nothing for me