Small itchy bumps on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small itchy bumps on face

Every summer I get these itchy bumps all over my cheeks, forehead and jawline. The more humid it is the worse they itch. My skin is also very oily.  If you look at me straight on there is no indication that there is anything wrong. However if the light hits my face just right you can see all the bumps. I've been to two dermatologists and I have tried every medication for acne, rosacea and eczema. I am getting really frustrated with this. About 10 years ago when it first began I was put on Accutane and that seemed to get rid of it for about 5 years. Now it is back and just as bad as it was prior to Accutane. My dermatologist said that typically for someone with my condition Accutane isn't prescribed but since it worked before she thinks it would work again. I am not sold on the idea of taking Accutane as it's side effects are numerous and I am trying to have a baby. I would like to figure out what is causing this and how to get rid of it once and for all. Any advice would be appreciated!
These small bumps can be due to folliculitis or acne vulgaris. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as Neosporin are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then please get an examination done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hey, I was just looking up possible solutions to similar symptoms, but condensed to a smaller area (so kinda different), and was just wondering have you considered that it may be heat rash? I know every summer since HS (I am now a senior in college) that I would break out in the same symptoms (very itchy and red bumps - no pus or anything like that) not only on my face but all over, but especially on my face. My mom said she never noticed, but of course I did! Anyway, my sister was a lifeguard and told me that she had the same problem being outside but also having to constantly re-applying on sunblock and sweating. I know last summer she recommended that I get Water Babies sunblock because it's better for your pores and especially for the face I got this Neutrogena face sunblock (it has "helioplex" which is good for your skin I guess, just google "neutrogena spectrum+ face")! This past summer I did NOT break out and I was a lifeguard who was outside 5+ days a week and constantly reapplying this stuff. I also do NOT use anything else but this on my face and nothing else but child safety sun block because it's less harsh on your skin.
I have noticed that some small bumps have appeared on my face and they scratch a lot especially when I sweat. how do I treat them