Small itchy flesh colored bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small itchy flesh colored bumps

I was outside playing soccer and basketball with my cousins. When I came in I felt really itchy all over so I began scratching, but not hard or majorly. A few days passed, and it has gotten worse. I am not sure what it is. I believe it may be a allergic reaction to something or moquito bites. But I do not think it is mosquito bites anymore because it has been five days. I used Hydrocortisone Cream USP 2.5% and a All Day Allergy pill 10 mg. The pill seems to be helping as I feel better. But I can't help scratching it. It is on my arms, legs, back, upper chest, and ears. But I am still not sure if it is getting better. Please help ASAP!
Mostly thee are urticarial rashes and you may need a sedating antihistamine like cyproheptadine.Do consult your do.Calamine ext application should do
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be due to hives Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red,itchy,raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes.Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications.

The mainstay of treatment of hives is antihistamine which may be necessary for prolonged periods (in excess of 6 weeks). You can take non-sedating antihistamines such as Cetirizine(Zyrtec) or Loratadine(Claritin) to get symptom relief. Sedating antihistamines such as Chlorphenamine(Benadryl) is used at night to get urticaria control. Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms.You may take Vitamin C and apply calamine lotion on the rashes.

If the hives don’t go after 6 wks of treatment also, then it can be a case of chronic urticaria which needs further evaluation as it may be due to auto antibodies.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.
I found that the All Day Allergy pill 10 mg is working because it is Cetirizine and it works for 24 hours, but I also found at my home that we have Zyrtec also. But it is Cetirizine HCL 10 mg. What is the difference?
It is the same.You can use any of them.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Okay. It seems to be almost gone except in my legs, pecs, and lower back. There is not really any bumps anymore but red dots.