Small itchy red bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small itchy red bumps

I have these small (considerably small, somewhat hard to see) bumps that will itch, not severely but they will itch occasionally.  They are located mostly on my thighs.  They don't become red until I have scratched them.  After a few days, the bump goes away and the skin dries up and becomes flaky around where the bump used to reside.  It is rare to find them on my genitals, but when I do they resemble scabies. (larger bump that becomes pus filled).  They aren't present all the time.  I'm going through the second phase of them now.  First time was around 3 months ago.  Lasted about 3-4 weeks.  Treated with ointment for scabies and they went away.  But they are back now, and I have had the same sexual partner for the past year.. partner has never had any symptoms like this.

This discussion is related to tiny little red itchy bumps.
Tags: small, Itchy, bumps, red
From the symptoms it look like eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.
For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used, whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. Also use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

i got little red itchy bumps all over my bud but the goodys the dont itch much in the day but at nite the itch a lot so can some one tell me what is it
Hello.
From the symptom of these small bumps itching more during the night, I would like to rule out the possibility of scabies. It is an infestation of the skin with the Sarcoptes scabiei mite. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs. . I would recommend a dermatologist’s consultation for this to confirm the diagnosis.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.