Small lump under skin on forearm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Small lump under skin on forearm

Ok, this small firm lump showed up on my forearm one day...I thought it was a bug bite or ingrown hair or something so I waited for it to go away on its own, but it didn't change or leave. So I went to my doctor, she didn't know what it was so she sent me to get an ultrasound. After looking at the lump for a while the ultrasound tech said he's been doing this for 17 years and he hasn't ever seen anything like it.

So today (the lump has now been with me for 3 months) I had an MRI to try and determine what it is.
It is oval, 3.3cm long - a mass of something in a fluid sac. I have the ultrasound pic but it doesn't look like I can post it.
I have to wait another 3-5 days unless the MRI doc thinks its urgent enough to call me sooner (so I'm almost hoping I don't get called for a few days). What is it????

Female, 32, good health, just heavier than "normal" weight. There is a history of cancer in my family so with all the waiting that's kindof freaking me out.

Anyone?
Such kind of lump can be a swollen lymph node, sebaceous cyst, some benign growth under the skin or a lipoma. It should become clear after the MRI scan that you had. If the symptoms persist then you may need to get FNAC( fine needle aspiration cytology) done.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.