Small non-itchy bumps, randomly located on body
For the last month I've been getting small bumps singly in random parts of my body. They are not particularly itchy. They can vary from a small mosquito bite size or smaller, and usually only red once I scratch lightly. I've also noticed what I think are petechiae. I know those have a serious association but I'm inclined to think they are merely an allergic reaction because they have not multiplied since I first noticed them (only a few spots). Early on I believed these were bugs bites. We've been experiencing an outbreak of bed bug infestations on the East coast and I immediately was paranoid about this possibility, but finding no evidence anywhere in my apartment (and I reasearched the subject very well so I know what I'm looking for), I relaxed. However, now it's been a months and the "bites" have increased in number though generally seem to be smaller than in the beginning. I've laid out pesticide surronding my bed but still have yet to see even one dead bug. Because of my hyper-sensitivity to the idea of bed bugs, it didn't occur to me until recently that there might be a medical reason for the bumps. I even had one just inside my lower lip (which really grosses me out if it was indeed a bug bite). I consider that the bumps could be an allergic reaction or a skin condition. Is there anything that comes to mind? I need to see a dermatologist but was hoping to get some expert advice while I'm waiting for my appointment. My itchy symptoms I feel are more psychosymatic having to do with my preoccupation with a bug source. The bed bug idea is truly traumatizing. Please help

It would be very difficult to say anything without having a look at the lesions.

What is your age? Are you on any medications currently? This could be due to an allergic reaction to some unknown substance or secondary to insect bite etc or due to heat rash.  This could also be due to dermatitis , eczema or folliculitis. But nothing can be said with surety without a clinical examination.

You should wash the area and keep it clean, apply calamine lotion at the site and take some oral antihistamine or antiallergic medications like loratadine or cetrizine for your symptoms.

It would be best to consult a skin specialist if the rash does not resolve in a few days. You should get the relevant investigations as advised by your doctor including blood work.

Let us know about what your skin specialist advises and if you have any other doubts.

Post us about how you are doing.

Regards.